Nom, nom. Y’all are gonna thank me for this so you’re welcome in advance! Lol. My coworker is the talented Chef Sita. She leads our Recipe Remix workshop where she teaches our students healthier versions of popular unhealthy meals. Typically the french fry is deep fried in death oil and battered in high blood pressure. Not these ones. They were so flavorful and buttery but we only used olive oil! Here’s the recipe:
4 unpeeled russet potatoes
1/4 cup of freshly chopped rosemary
1/4 cup freshly chopped scallions
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of olive oil
Spray Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1 cup of sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoon horseradish
1/4 cup freshly minced dill
1. Preheat your oven to 450°
2. Dice up your potatoes into fries. Try to make them all uniform pieces. Mix your uncooked fries, rosemary, olive oil, parmesan and sea salt in a big bowl. Make sure the ingredients are evenly spread over all the fries.
3. Place your fries on a non-stick baking sheet in a single layer. Do not place fries on top of each other.
4. Bake for 15 minutes then flip and cook for another 15.
5. While your fries are cooking, mix the sour cream, horse radish and dill in a bowl and set aside.
6.Remove fries and spray a single coating of olive oil over the hot batch and then sprinkle lightly with more parmesan cheese. Return fries to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Remove fries and sprinkle your scallions over top. Done!
Prep time is roughly 15 and cook time is only 40. In an hour, you have yourself a fresh, healthy and tasty side of fries with sauce!